Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Park

Today the girls and I found an almost perfect place to spend a hot summer day.  I write "almost" because it is a park, and it is completely in the shade.  The only glitch is that I couldn't find parking close to it, so we had to walk a bit to get to it.  The girls didn't seem to mind, but the walk is all grass and  my imagination just starts to go a little crazy wondering what it is I'm stepping on.  I know it is very weird that I get the willies walking through grass. I have some major issues.  I've come to terms with it.

Anyway, today we found this great park, and it was so hot but we were in the shade with a nice breeze blowing so it was a fine morning.  Also, the park is small enough that I can watch both of the girls easily.  Plus, Harper is able to do just about everything on it, so it's what I'd call a "low maintenance" park.  There doesn't seem to be much that is low maintenance in my life at this stage, so I'll take what I can get.  On to the pictures:

Starting off at the baseball diamond.  Hadley's paying her respects to the place where her mommy spent most of her time when she was playing baseball. 


It's just not a park without a wobbly bridge.
Or a bench.
Checking out the area....
And we spent some time on the swings.
I think Hadley's too big for these swings, but she wanted to be next to Harper, so I put her in one.
See what I mean?
The girls wanted to swing for most of the time which was nice because then I could just stand there and push them.  Sheesh!  From the tone of this post you'd think I was tired or something.  I better go do some jumping jacks and wake myself up.



No comments: