Monday, September 24, 2007

Who needs sleep?


Here's a picture of Hadley when she was about 5 or 6 months old. We took it because it was one of the first times she slept past 45 minutes and we were celebrating. As soon as I figure out how to upload our recent pictures, I'll post current pictures of her.
This morning at naptime it took awhile for her to go to sleep. I put her down at 9 because I wanted her to get a nap in before we met some people at 11. At 9:25 she was still playing in the crib. I let her play around for awhile longer and then it got really quiet so I went in there to check, thinking she was sleeping. What I found made me laugh outloud. Every single one of her diapers was in her crib! Apparently she can reach the little shelf we store them in from her crib. There were about 30 diapers in there! After cleaning them up, I settled her back down and she went to sleep.
We just got back from meeting two other mommies and their babies. We walked around the Washingtonian Center and then got lunch at the Corner Bakery. It was a lot of fun. I met these other two moms at the Sit and Play Story Hour at the Library. We usually get together once a week.
Now she is in her crib saying, "Da! Da! Ba! Ba!" I hope she'll go to sleep pretty soon. We'll see! The diapers are out of reach; I've learned my lesson.

1 comment:

Knit4Fun said...

Callie -
This is too funny because Maria did exactly the same thing with the diapers when she was that age. I have a great picture of her with about 30 diapers in her crib too. I had the cute little diaper holder hanging from her crib and she discovered it. What a riot!! Better to play with clean diapers that used ones... I've heard some funny stories about kids taking their diapers off.

Have a fun day!
Julie