Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What to do when your 2 year old wants to play with chalk in January



Teach her how to use a glue stick!






The last two days we've been stuck in the house because it's been snowing. I use the word "snowing" loosely since readers from the Chicago and Michigan areas would laugh in the face of the weather we're having here. But what has fallen is enough to shut down just about everything, so we are inside. Hadley wanted to play with chalk yesterday and I didn't feel like cleaning up what would be an enormous mess. Plus, the sound of chalk on paper gives me the shivers. Instead, I cut pictures out of the newspaper and had her glue them on paper. I told her we were making a grocery list and this seemed to please her.



Later, Harper and Hadley played in the sunroom for a bit.



"I can't wait until I can crawl and walk so I don't have to sit in this stupid swing any longer. Being an infant is so boring! Where's my hand? At least I could gnaw on that while I sit here."



No comments: