Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Afternoon Outing




I thought that Harper needed a haircut so the girls and I spent the afternoon in the Kentlands having a little snack at Starbucks, then walking down the street to the place I take the girls to get their haircut.  (Hadley informed me that we will not be walking down the street but the sidewalk.  "If we walk down the street then I can't walk by myself.")

Harper skipped over drinking from a sippy cup and has moved right to juiceboxes.  Which is fine, except that we spent part of her college tuition trying to find a sippy cup she would drink out of. 



That Minnie Mouse pez toy in the picture was apparently the toy of choice for both girls all day yesterday.  I thought for sure we were going to lose it when we were out, but one of them had it with them the entire time.  I knew when Harper had it because she would scream, "Meeee Mouse!  Meee Mouse!" The child is so loud you can't even believe it.


 

The snackbox had several Tic-Tac-Toe gameboards inside it so Hadley and I played a few rounds.

Here are the girls participating in one of Harper's favorite activites: sitting on a bench.  There were four in this little square area and we had to sit on all of them.

I wanted to get pictures of Harper getting a haircut, but it turned out to be quite a traumatic experience for her.  She was not happy about somebody messing with her at all.  Honestly, I don't know why I bothered except that I was afraid she was going to hurt herself due to the hair that's always in her face.  So here's what she looked liked at home a few hours after she'd gotten it cut.

Harper thinks she's hot stuff now that she can reach the sink.  She's standing on a little stool which she has grown quite fond of.  Yesterday she was carrying the stool all over the place, banging it down on the ground, and then standing on it. 

At any rate, it was a nice little outing.  It's been so rainy and dreary here lately that we haven't been able to go to the park so it was nice to go out for a bit.

No comments: