Monday, December 7, 2009

Spoiled

Hadley's modeling what her mother was doing all last week (minus the duck and the pacifier). I seemed to have come down with what I believe was the world's worst cold known to man. I won't relive it in this entry except to say that the week was made 100% more manageable because my mom flew in to save the day(s) while Jesse was away. And I'm all better now so I can write about more interesting things like my birthday.

The first present I received was on Saturday. It started snowing in the morning and did not stop all day. Some may read this as sarcasm, but I love the snow and was very happy to watch it collect outside. On Saturday evening Jesse and I went out for dinner BY OURSELVES which was very fun. It was nice to have a conversation that didn't involve Elmo, Goofy, or the importance of eating ALL your vegetables before you have dessert. However, before we went out to eat, the girls (read: Hadley) wanted me to open my presents (read: Hadley wanted to OPEN my presents). Twist my arm.

I got a lot of great stuff, but my favorite was the card that Hadley made for me (I'm holding it in the picture above). She wrote "NON" on it all by herself. When she handed it to me she told me, "See, Mama? It says, "Mom and I put a line under it so you would know what it says."

Hadley also made me a birthday cake. Jesse asked Hadley what kind of cake she wanted to make me and she told him, "Chocolate cake with blue frosting, and sprinkles." So that's what I got:



Sunday we lounged around in the morning because church was canceled due to the weather. We did get snow, but the roads were clear at 8 on Saturday night. However, we do live in DC, the city that treats snow like a weapon of mass destruction. Maybe that's what Bush was referring to.

We were able to do a little decorating for Christmas and attempt to take Christmas pictures. Here is an outtake just in case I don't get around to sending cards out:

Harper's saying, "Um, Hadley? Why do we have these dresses on when 5 minutes ago we were in play clothes and I didn't have my socks on? Why does Mom insist on putting me in tights? That lady is stubborn as a mule, I tell ya. We are going to have to do something about her, don't you think? Maybe I'll wake up at 4:30am tomorrow and not take any naps at all to get her back."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wow, I can't believe Hadley is writing already! Glad to hear your birthday was good and that you were able to drive around in the snow safely. Just so you didn't let Jesse try to do any tricks in a parking lot anywhere. I think that was the only time I ever heard him swear. :)