Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

Hadley drew this picture for me yesterday. I was first impressed with the sun (she called it a "spider sun") and the border around the picture. I haven't seen her do that before. But then Jesse told her to tell me what she wrote on it. It says, "Mom." The way that it is showing up on this entry, you have to read it top to bottom, but you get the idea. I sure did.


She showed me the letters, "M, O, P, O, M" and then paused for a minute and said, "That's not a P Mama, it's just a circle with a line through it."

And here's what Harper can do:



I don't think I have a good definition of what grace is, but I think about that concept a lot now that I have children. It doesn't seem right that I have Hadley and Harper. And today I am sick. I have what feels like a very sharp knife in my throat. My body aches like I was in a bar fight (if I knew what a bar fight was like). I haven't showered in two days (I look gooooood). I don't feel like myself. But my girls know who I am - they can write and say it - and that seems to be a nice reminder of who created them.

No comments: