Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Hour

There were Friay nights when Jesse and I would end the work week, and decide that we were due for a trip to Corby's in South Bend, or Cactus Cantina in D.C.  Some nights we would go to one place and then end up at the Hammes Bookstore or Politics and Prose looking through magazines, reading books, or, ehem, doing work (what would we do without work?). I was reminded of those nights last Friday night when we went out for a different kind of Happy Hour.


We picked up some dinner, packed it up and headed for a park for the evening.  There were monkey bars, swings, a hiking trail, and plenty of picnic tables.  And Hadley learned a new trick!


Jesse, too. 

If I had to name a favorite thing about motherhood, I think it would be something along the lines of this: Watching your children experience the world and having a good time doing it.  Even if it's hard work, or learning a new trick like sliding down a pole or figuring out how to run without tripping.  It's lovely to be a part of it.  I think that's the best way to start the weekend.


Happy Weekend to you.

6 comments:

Kellee said...

Love the picture of Jesse. Such a big boy!

Ali said...

happy weekend to you, too. we should make sure to see it through the kids' eyes!

Sarah said...

Man, do I agree with you...one of my favorite things to do with my oldest (3.5) is to answer her questions about how the world works....

Jenny said...

Looks like a fun happy hour to me! Love the picture of your husband acting silly...everyone looks like they had a great time!

ninalazina said...

What fun and lovely pics. Newest follower from VB.
Nina
www.ninalazina.info

ninalazina said...

What fun and lovely pics. Newest follower from VB.
Nina
www.ninalazina.info