Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our Trip to Michigan

Warning - this entry might be picture heavy. I know that fans of Hadley will be thoroughly disappointed.
We had a great time in ol' GR this weekend. Hadley did a great job on the plane, and after how easy the flight was and how much fun she had running around the airport, I don't think we'll ever drive again.

We flew into Detroit where Shani picked us up and drove us to her place in Lansing so Hadley could have a nap before the rest of our trip to Grand Rapids. Hadley found some beads in the back of Shani's car and decided that these were the greatest.








The excitement of the weekend was seeing Mallory perform in Dance Guild at Calvin. Jesse went on Friday night.










While he was at Dance Guild, Hadley had fun playing with all the toys Grandma and Grandpa Feyen had for her.

On Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast at one of the greatest restaurants of all time - Marie Catrib's. Anyone who is near the Grand Rapids area - even you Chicago folks - NEED to visit this place. You will not be disappointed. Forget Russ'. Forget Jody's. This is where you need to be. Hadley liked it, too.



On Saturday night, it was my turn to go see Mallory. I was so excited that I was the first in line in the FAC! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law told me to calm down, there would be PLENTY of seating but I said, "Listen here, ladies. I want a seat front and center to see Mallory. If that means I need to be there at 6pm for an 8 o'clock performance, than by golly that's what I'll do!"


I wasn't allowed to take pictures during the performances, but here we are with the Dancin' Queen after the show.


Mallory did a great job, and it was fun to watch her dance. It was also a treat to be back at Calvin 10 years after I graduated. The dorms smell exactly the same. As soon as I walked into BHT, I was right back to my pop tart eating, Diet Coke drinking, 90210 watching self. Of course, I wasn't a resident of BHT, but you get the idea.

That's all for now. Sesame Street is over and it is time to go to the park. I'll put the rest of the pictures up later.

1 comment:

Shani said...

Only the cool kids get to dance guild 2 hours before the performance! I attended Dance Guild rush '08! Did you??? Next year I heard it's so popular that you'll have to get there at 4pm. I swear it's true.
I wish you all could have seen Callie and mom in line, pushing others out of the way and fighting for the best spot. I think I even heard inappropriate language. I'm pretty sure it was from the lady who tried to cut in line. she didn't get away with it, though.