Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sickos

I haven't posted in awhile because for about 2 or 3 weeks, we've all been fighting a nasty cold. I think Hadley got it first, and I am the last to suffer through it. This afternoon I have to go to the doctor to see whether or not I have pink eye, which is awesome. But I think we are all on the mend now for the most part.
We don't get too much sleep around here because Harper's new thing is waking up at 5am. She had been sleeping until 7 but I guess she decided that she can get a lot more done if she woke up at 5. She's a girl after my own heart, so I can understand.

However, last week we took the not sleeping thing to a whole new level. I am proud to say that I have never pulled an all nighter in college. No assignment seemed that important that I needed to stay up all night. But apparently I needed to go through that once or twice so that I could be prepared for being a mother. My parents always said college prepares you for life. I guess I should've listened more carefully because between Wednesday at 9pm from Friday at 9pm I got almost 3 hours of sleep. Total. One of the girls needed me every 30 minutes all night long. At 1:15 on one of those nights, I walked out of their room and said, "OK, see ya at 1:45." Sure enough, I was in again 30 minutes later.

Jesse was in North Carolina last week, so I am very thankful that my parents could come out and help. My dad even got to take a trip with the girls and I to the doctor's office on Friday morning because I was convinced both of them had pnuemonia.

But we are getting back into our routine and so I have some pictures to share of the girls.


Here are a couple of Hadley and her winter hat. She puts this on, along with the mittens, almost every day. We usually have to have a discussion about why she can't wear these items outside during this time of year. I suppose if she were only wearing the hat and mittens like she is in these pictures it'd be OK.




You'll have to pardon the box of Kleenex and garbage can in the picture. I was in bed for most of the day yesterday, and Jesse took the picture. And I guess don't look at the magazine thrown on the floor or all the dust, too.

Here are a couple of pictures of the girls eating lunch together. Harper is munching on some kind of rice cracker called a "Mum Mum" or something like that. She loves them.



So that's the news for now. I'll try and be better about posting now that we are getting back to our lively selves. Really, I did everyone a favor. After my post about potty training, who wants to hear about runny noses and all that?


1 comment:

Katie said...

Yikes. And not sleeping isn't really conducive to a return to health. Hope you feel better soon.