Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Zoo

Here's a picture of the girls hanging out at the zoo. We made a trip there yesterday to meet up with some friends and see what the animals were up to. Hadley looks like she's going to set sail, and Harper looks like she's ready to enjoy the day.
Below is a picture of a cow that we admired for a bit. This is the petting zoo where we always start off. The parking lot is right behind us and I can usually get a shaded spot, plus there is a little park in this part that Hadley likes to play in (this is where Hadley and Jennifer Garner's little girl were playing last spring before I realized who it was...and who I was standing next to while our girls were playing). Plus, it's close to the bathrooms which is incredibly important for me to know at this point in Hadley's life. The only downside to going to this part of the zoo is that there is some kind of wasp and hornet exhibit that we have to walk past and we all know how that makes me feel.

We stopped for lunch. Hadley did a very thorough job of checking out everyone's lunch and making sure everyone was being fed. She also managed to mooch off of the kid on the right quite a bit. He and his family are new to the area and go to our church.
Because we are members of the zoo, every time we go Hadley gets a package of free cookies. So I pack an applesauce and she munches on those. I leave the rest of the lunch in the car and she eats it on the way home while watching a DVD. Thus keeping her awake so she'll take a nap when we get home. If going to the zoo were a sport, I would definetely be considered for someone to look out for.



And here's a picture of my one of my beauties:


It was terribly hot yesterday, but the zoo has these great fountains that mist water on everybody, and Hadley loved playing in them.

And here's a picture of a panda licking a giant ice cube. S/he had the right idea on a day like yesterday. This is actually a great exhibit, and I hadn't been through it since they remodeled it so I was happy to be able to check it out. It's really a beautiful zoo.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com