Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun Times With My Girls

I was going to title this post "Evolution of the pigtails" but I didn't take photos of Hadley as she slowly transformed into Don King after a day of playing. I did manage to take a picture of her first pigtails after I first did her hair.


And here is a picture of Harper:


My friend gave me this dress and hat for Hadley, but the hat was always a little too small for Hadley's head. It stayed on Harper a little better so I'm glad it could be put to use.


The girls and I went to Starbucks after their afternoon nap and then to the library for a bit. During our outing, here were some of the conversations Hadley and I had:


While we were in the car, I was singing along to "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack and Hadley asked, "What's this song about, Mama?" She asks this question to every song I start singing and I suppose it's time to put in her music so I can avoid answering this question for a little longer. It's much easier to talk about the theme of "ABCs" and "Old McDonald Had a Farm."


When we were in Starbucks, Hadley was talking about the different members of her family (since everyone was here a couple of weekends ago, and we went to Chicago for a visit as well). She said, "I have two Grandpas and two Grandmas." And after a little pause she said, "But I don't have two mommies."


And finally I was telling her that I was going to my Book Club group last night and Hadley said, "What book are reading?" I said we were going to talk about Loving Frank.


"What book are you going to read next, Mama?" Hadley asked. I told her I wasn't sure and she said, "Maybe your Book Club friends will help you choose a book." I told her that I thought that was a great idea.


Here is a picture of Harper asleep in her crib. I think she heard that her mom used to be on Drill Team and wanted to mimic some kind of stunt she used to do in high school:




No comments: