Friday, September 10, 2010

Pictures and an Anecdote

That's my rule of thumb on this here blog.  I like to put up some pictures of the H's and then tell a story.  The problem with the pictures I want to put up today is that I wasn't there when the event was happening.  I was somewhere else, physically speaking. 

So you'll have to look at the pictures and maybe make up a story of your own.  In the meantime, here's what Hadley and Harper are doing while I'm typing this:  They're playing a game called "Rescue Girls."  They made it up.  They're running around the house asking Jesse and I if anything needs rescuing.  Hadley runs up to one of us, and Harper follows behind her on her truck.  Hadley says, "We're the rescue girls!  Do you have anything that needs rescuing?"  And then Harper says, "We rescue girls! Need Rescuing?"  Jesse and I then tell them what needs rescuing.  I love that they are playing together more and more.  I love listening to them talk to each other.  Yes they fight, but they play together too and it makes me so happy.  Not because it gives me a break (which, let's be honest, it does), but because I love the idea that we gave them to each other.  I love that they enjoy each other's company.

Speaking of keeping each other company.....

If that's not a hallmark picture, I don't know what is.

The child screams in outrage when I put socks on her feet, but this she'll wear.
I'm having scuba diving flashbacks.
Give me more, Dad.  Give. Me. More.  Don't make me get angry.  Nobody likes it when I'm angry.
Even though I wasn't there, I feel confident writing that fun was had by all at Big Star.  Because Big Star=Big Fun.

1 comment:

Hmluft said...

I love this post, I have 2 boys 19 months apart and right now, my oldest Xander, is almost 3 and my youngest Ethan is 16 months. Xander is extremly mean to ethan, but i hope when they get older they will be close.