Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Paper Dolls






About a month ago, Hadley was looking through a coloring book and found a picture of Oscar the Grouch that she wanted to color.  She walked up to Jesse and I and said, "I'm going to color this picture.  Can you rip it out of the book for me?"  We did, and about 45 minutes later she brought it back to us.
All I'm saying is that seeing your child do something for the first time never gets old.  This was the first time Hadley colored inside the lines, and since then she colors about five pictures every day.  It's her activity of choice. 

Recently, she's gotten into the "color by number" pictures.  She likes to figure out which crayons are needed to complete the picture, and then put them in a special "coloring bucket" for easy access.  She takes this stuff really seriously.

Basically, Hadley has become very interested in creating things, so when I had a chance to check out these Christmas Paper Dolls created by Python-Printable Games, I was quite interested in seeing what Hadley would think of them.

We got two sets of paper dolls and Christmas outfits to play with.  The first set is colored, so all you have to do is cut them out.
(I cut each outfit out, then put them in envelopes with a little description so we'd be able to use them again easily).

The second set we could color ourselves.  Guess which set Hadley wanted to work on?




Once I cut out the outfits, Hadley had fun dressing her doll up.  Let me just say that my four year old has a much easier time dressing a paper doll then dressing a Barbie.  She just folds the paper tags over the appropriate body parts and she's good to go.

In this picture, Hadley is taking her doll to a party.  She had a whole story line going where the girl had to take a shower first, and then put on her dress.

Hadley and I had a great time playing with these paper dolls.  I think Hadley liked making up stories to go along with the outfits the best.  I like the variety of outfits this doll had.  There were party dresses, ski and ice-skating outfits, santa suits, elf suits, even headbands and gloves.  You get these out and you're on your way to a Winter Wonderland.  It's gonna be great.

Python Printable Games gave me a link to some *FREE* printables.  If you'd like to check them out, click here.

[Product review & giveaway disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."]

No comments: