Monday, December 13, 2010

My Daughter is the Mouse King

Hadley's last ballet class was on Wednesday.  Usually the parents are told to sit outside of the room due to kids being distracted by their moms in the gym, but today we were invited in.  We all thought this was pretty funny since for the last six weeks we had our hands and faces pressed up against the windows trying to get a peek at what was going on.  I'm sure this drove the instructor insane, especially since every time Hadley saw me, she'd say, "HI MOMMA!!!!" and then all the other kids would look to see if her mom was looking too, and then all the moms would get in trouble because, well, we WERE looking.  Harper was no help, either.  Every time she saw her, she'd scream, "THERE'S HADWEE!!!  THERE SHE IS!  HI HADWEE!!!"  And then she'd knock on the glass.

I'm pretty sure for the last six weeks, I was every teacher's nightmare.  And you know what?  I don't feel bad at all.

Well.  On the class that I was allowed to watch, the ballerinas acted out the Nutcracker.  The teacher read parts for the story, and then the girls would dance that part.  It was a pretty cute idea if I do say so myself.  Hadley got to be the Mouse King.  She got to wear a cape and carry a sword and put on a "mean face."  She took it a little too far but it was all in the name of art.

Here are some pictures.
Let's start with this one.  Here's one where Hadley's all up in the teacher's face telling her who knows what.  It couldn't have been about the Nutcracker because until that day, the child  knew nothing about it. 

 Oh my goodness, I was so embarrassed.  The girl is NOT shy.

Shake what your Mama gave ya, girl.
A little "Ring around the Rosy" perhaps.
Look at that form.

Should we break for a look at Harper?  Yes?  OK.  Here's what she was doing.

Watching carefully while eating a snack.  Note the Dora shoes.  Say what you will about Dora, but the chick got my girl out of the dreaded pink croc like shoes that I thought she'd never leave the house without.  For that I am very, very thankful.

Also, how awesome is that hair clip? 


She also played with her cow and sheep.  In this picture they are racing.  Look out.
Looks like Pinocchio was a casuality.  Poor guy. 

 And now we have Hadley as the Mouse King.  Check out the cape.

 There she goes!
I think in this picture she's killing Clara.  Or beating her up, or something like that.  It's a bad part in the story is what I'm trying to say.
Here's the ending where the teacher's trying to get them to take a bow.  There is so much that I find funny about this picture, I don't know where to begin.  Should we start with Hadley?  Or how about the girl in the back who's still dancing?  Or the teacher?  She's taking this so seriously.  
Oh, but this one is my favorite.  Look how happy.
Like all the other classes I've signed my girls up for, this one has been nothing but a fun time.  I know they get paid to do this, but I really appreciate people who give little kids these kinds of experiences.  Next month, the girls and I are going to take an arts and crafts class.  All three of us.  Together.  I don't think there will be any fighting in it at all.  Hadley's going to be upset that I'm in the room in the first place, and Harper will insist I hold her hand the entire time.  It's gonna be splendid.

No comments: