Friday, October 5, 2007

Baby Wise

Nothing in any of the books that we have on how to get a baby to sleep worked for us, so we just let Hadley show us what works best. She loves her musical mobile in her crib, she has to have her OG, and Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" is her favorite lullaby.

This week at naptime this is what I walked into every afternoon:

About five minutes after this picture was taken, she was sound asleep.

And then this morning I was drinking an Odwalla juice and Hadley liked the cap, so I gave it to her to play with (don't worry, I washed it off first). She was so enthralled with it, I let her play with it in the crib, and here is what happened:

I think that the authors of the book Baby Wise ought to let me write an "alternative plan" for when their crazy strict plans don't work out (or parents who read it have a nervous breakdown because they think it's cruel and unusual punishment to put their baby through that).

No comments: