Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Waiting for 3:02pm

All day I told myself, "She's not 1 yet." At 5am when I woke up I thought, "Well, last year at this time we were just getting ready to go to the hospital." Then at 11am I thought, "This was the point when my contractions were really starting to get to me." At 2:30 today, when Hadley and I headed off to Barnes and Noble I thought, "This is the point when I looked at the clock and said, 'This baby is going to be born by 3 because I'm not doing this any longer.'" And then at 3:02pm, as we were sitting at the B&N cafe, and I was feeding Hadley her snack I got tears in my eyes because I couldn't hold it off any longer. Hadley is 1.

When Jesse got home we opened presents, played with all the new toys, and had cake. At first, Hadley was pretty grossed out with the cake, but once she tried it she started "mmming" and packing it in faster than we could believe." Here are some pictures:
My very own laptop!!! Thanks, Dad!

Hmmm. I could make a LOT of noise with these bad boys. What was Mom thinking?

Honestly Mom, don't you think you should learn how to feed yourself?



No comments: