Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trip to Ohio

So the problem with having this blogging hobby that I've picked up is that there are times when I feel like a sneak.  You see, when you're documenting the lives of your children, you just can't assume that everyone involved in my documentation wants to be on the internet for all the world (or the 10 who look at NFN) to see. Thus is the case with my entry this morning. 

We went to Akron, Ohio this past weekend for a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law, Kellee.  The weekend was so much fun, and I am so happy for Geoff because he is marrying a great girl with a great family.  But that is about as much as I can say or show because I didn't want to take a ton of pictures without feeling like the aforementioned sneak that I am.  Not only am I meeting this family for the first time, I felt like I needed to represent Geoff.  I'm pretty sure it'd be a "no-no" to whip out the camera and take a ton of pictures and then say, "I know you don't know me, but would you mind if I posted these on my blog?"  I mean, really, how dorky is that? 

I did take a few pictures of Hadley at the shower, however.  Kellee graciously let Hadley help her out while she was opening up presents.  Hadley was particularly excited with one because it had, as Hadley noted, a fuchsia ribbon.  Fuchsia is Fancy Nancy's favorite color, and Hadley is all about Fancy Nancy right now.

Hadley spent most of her time upstairs with all the other little kids.  There was a princess castle in one of the rooms that Hadley's been talking about since we got back home.  I would go up to check on her every so often, and she was busy playing away.  Once when I went up there, she was at the top of the stairs holding a golf ball.  When she saw me she said, "Oh good, I was just going to ask you if it would be OK if I threw this down the stairs."  I told her that probably wouldn't be the best idea.  First, you have a blogger at the party, and then the blogger's daughter decides to throw a golf ball down the stairs of the house we're in.  Seriously Geoff, I'm sorry. 

The weekend was a lot of fun.  The girls had a chance to go swimming in the hotel, and we went over to Kellee's house on Sunday morning for brunch which was very nice as well.  It's an exciting time in the family right now!  And whether or not I document it here, I'm glad we get to be a part of it. 

No comments: