Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Post Where I Don't Mess Up The Baking

I'm not sure why, but on Father's Day, I like to bake Jesse cupcakes.  They're so cute, just like him.  I usually make him coconut cupcakes using Ina Garten's recipe in her Barefoot Contessa cookbook.  They're delicious, but I'm not a one recipe kind of gal.  I get confident in the kitchen and decide I'd rather mix things up before mastering one recipe.  That's usually when disaster sets in, but past experiences have taught me nothing.

This year, I wanted to try these deliciuos looking things.  This is my new favorite blog.  Besides mine, of course.  It is so hilarious, and the recipes look so good I don't know whether to laugh or bake.  So I do both.

The girls helped me, of course.

A muffin pan for each, and a stack of muffin cups for each.  The girls take pride in doing their OWN work.

I let the girls try the batter before we baked it.  This recipe didn't call for eggs, so I figured it'd be OK.  Harper would have none of it, but Hadley would've gladly eaten the entire bowl if I let her.   On another note, I think Harper's hemline is pushing the boundary a bit.

This picture cracks me up.  It captures their personalities so well.  Hadley dives right in, completely oblivious to the world around her.  Harper sits back and observes, planning her next move.


Harper's on to other things, Hadley's still savoring the moment.
She could try out for a Dove chocolate commercial.

Helping me put the peanut butter frosting on the cupcakes:

They turned out to be quite delicious, and Jesse enjoyed them, too.  Nothing like the Afro Brownies of '09.

2 comments:

joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Valerie said...

Oooooo, love the Joy the Baker blog, thanks for the tip. Your girls are so beautiful! I hope that Joshua wants to help me in the kitchen.....