Sunday, August 2, 2009

And Now It's August

It was right around this time of year when I would have a dream that I was in my classroom with no clue what to do with the kids. They would be running around and screaming, "What are we going to do today?" And I would be frantically looking for my lesson plans saying, "I don't know!" I don't have those dreams anymore. Now, I'm lucky to just be sleeping. But we won't dwell on that. Instead, let's take a look at the scene from Saturday morning this weekend:




Jesse set up the DVD player so the girls could watch Sesame Street on the porch on Saturday morning. It was quite cute seeing them sitting next to each other. Later on in the day, we went to Rockville Town Center to let Hadley run around in the water fountains. This is always a fun thing for Hadley to do, but yesterday there were break dancers on the stage and Hadley decided she wanted to join them. Hadley and her little friend here had fun running in between the rock area and the water fountain area.


After running around in the water, we ate dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant down the block. The three of us split a pizza. Harper had sweet potatoes, cereal, and fruit. While we were waiting for our food, Hadley dug into the sugar packets as always and played with them for a bit. What was new to the table this evening were the red pepper flakes. Hadley wanted to play with those, but we told her that probably wasn't a great idea. This explanation was not satisfying to her, so this became the perfect opportunity to tell her about the time I tried red pepper flakes when I was not supposed to. In my best story telling voice, I told Hadley about the time I was in preschool and we were gluing different spices onto paper. The teacher told us over and over again not to eat the spices, especially the red pepper flakes. I just could not resist and put some in my mouth. The pain was so bad but I didn't want to tell my teacher what I had done because I didn't want to get in trouble. So I sat in my cubby until the pain went away. This story did not scare Hadley so much, but she was captivated. She requested that I tell the story three more times, and then proceeded to put red pepper flakes all over Jesse's pizza.




Speaking of stories, Hadley wanted to act out the book Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss, and Jesse being the good sport that he is, kindly obliged. Of course, Harper wanted to get in on the action as well, and she jumped herself silly in the exersaucer. After watching the video, you might agree that she is too big for it. Also, as much as it looks like it, Hadley is not texting.



2 comments:

Keri said...

The picture of Hadley break dancing is hysterical. I can only imagine what it was like live and in person. I feel you on the no sleep thing. I can't imagine how great I would feel if I got a full night's sleep for a few days in a row. Someday...

Unknown said...

Is this the infamous water fountain that had no water when we were there? Looks like fun! :-)